Among the goals of our association, there are:
- Researching on subjects related to Sustainability, mainly its relation to Ecology, Anthropology, Society, Politics, Economics, Culture and Technology.
La investigación sobre el uso sostenible, saludable y democratizador de la tecnología en el contexto de una ciudadanía responsable.
- Social awareness raising about that research and generally on those subjects.
- Social promotion of values linked to Sustainability.
- Education on those values and its application to all aspects of human living.
Brief resumé of our activities in this field
- 2016: Spanish translation (subtitles) for australian documentary film The Simpler Way: Crisis as Opportunity (Happen Films, 2016).
- 2016: Co-publishing and publishing coordination of “Por que é que a crise non acabará nunca” book (in Galician).
- 2016: Creation and management of Municipeak mailing-list for local governments representatives aware of Peak Oil.
- 2015-2016: Editorial revision of ecological-themed Iv novel.
- 2015-2016: Collaboration in local distribution (Spain) of El Decrecimiento, special monographic issue in Spanish of French magazine La Decroissance.
- 2015: Co-publishing of A esquerda ante o colapso da civilización industrial book (in Galician). Creation and management of the essay’s site (wiki).
- 2015: Collaboration in course about local resilience for Solidaridad Internacional Andalucía.
- 2015: Coordination and revision of translation into Spanish of Ted Trainer’s book The Transition to a Sustainable and Just World.
- 2014-…: Creation, management, design and distribution of 15/15\15 – Magazine for a new civilization, both online, for its biannual printed compilations and its first presentation issue (# 0).
- 2014-…: Publishing and management of the non-periodical electronic newsletter of Last Call manifesto.
- 2014: Creation and coordination of Municipios pospetróleo wiki.
- 2014: Online promotion of Last Call manifesto, including website creation, logo design, commentary administration and moderation, social networking, mailing-list creation and management, and domain name registration.
- 2014: #PlasticomedoresNON online campaign definition and management, including creation and administration of blog and social networks profiles.
- 2014: Publishing of Nosotros, los detritívoros book (in Spanish) and related website‘s creation.
- 2014: Postal distribution of “Guía para o descenso enerxético: Preparando unha Galiza pospetróleo” book (in Galician), published by Véspera de Nada por unha Galiza sen petróleo association.
- 2014: Collaboration in Óscar Carpintero & Jorge Riechmann ¿Cómo pensar las transiciones poscapitalistas? chapter for the collective book by GinTRANS2 entitled Los inciertos pasos desde aquí hasta allá: alternativas socioecológicas y transiciones poscapitalistas.
- 2013-2014: Collaboration in contents, crowdfunding campaign and distribution of “Guía para o descenso enerxético: Preparando unha Galiza pospetróleo” book, published by Véspera de Nada por unha Galiza sen petróleo association.
- 2013-2014: Limited distribution for free (in Spain) of some copies of Ted Trainer’s book The Transition to a Sustainable and Just World.
- 2013-2014: Renovation of Casa Pousadoira website.
- 2013: Portuguese subtitles correction for Franklin López’s END:CIV documentary film, for its premiere in Galicia (Spain).
- 2013: Critical revision of Ted Trainer’s book The Transition to a Sustainable and Just World.
- 2013: Technical auditing for improvement of Soberanía alimentaria, biodiversidad y culturas magazine’s website.
- 2013: Collaboration with social collectives against polluting mining activities in Galicia: Internet communication and strategy, including creation of website for First Galician meeting on impacts of mining, an online collection of news about the gold mine planned by Edgewater on Corcoesto (Galicia) for the Platform against that mining project, and consultancy on netiquette and mailing-lists use.
- 2012: Technical auditing for improvement of Ted Trainer’s The Simpler Way website.
- 2012-2013: Consultancy for Casa Pousadoira (Miño, Galicia) for online promoting of its courses on sustainability, bio-building and ecological agriculture. Consultancy for the creation of Pousadoira Resilience Center.
- 2012: Campaign against Cascade pesticide fumigations planned in Galicia: campaign management, hosting, materials creation and other tasks related to online campaign.
- 2011-…: Betu Project: permaculture and self-sufficent living without oil.
- 2011-…: Creation, hosting and administration of Petrocenitales mailing-list for the discussion and coordination of Spanish organizations working on the study and awareness-raising about Peak Oil.
- 2011-…: Cenit-del-petroleo.info news aggregator creation and administration (news about Peak Oil).
- 2012-…: Costavale complementary and local currency design (Coast of Death, Galicia). Consultancy and web site‘s creation.
- 2011-…: Multiple collaborations with Véspera de Nada por unha Galiza sen petróleo association: content creation, blog administration, social networking, etc.
- 2011: Creation of the bibliographical reference annex for César Lemas Costas’ Plantas y frutos silvestres comestibles publication.
- 2011: Electronic edition of Arquitectura bioclimática en Galicia by Dolores Lasanta.
Creation and hosting of the book’s website.
(Some of our activities are done as pro-bono contributions, with no payment in exchange, some others are done through barter, and others as contracted services.)